Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tasty Tease

If there is something that you need to know about Mark and I, it is that we LOVE food. We like to cook new things at home, we like to explore new restaurants, and we love being with friends while eating.

The reason this is called a tasty tease is because I wanted to share my delicious dinner with you that I had this evening.
Tortellini with a tomato red sauce

This was sooo delicious I just had to share. I did not make the tortellini this time. I have made them before, and if fact while Mama (my Italian grandma) says it isn't worth it to make your own pasta, I think making tortellini and ravioli is a good reason. These however have been purchased from the store. I like to get the ones in the refrigerator section. Now the tease part is the sauce. This is our special family recipe. The interesting part is that while Mama has given each member the recipe they all differ slightly. This is the one she gave my family. I am not prepared at this time to release the recipe, but I do want to offer a little advice. It is ALWAYS ALWAYS better to make fresh sauce and well worth the effort. Mine takes 2 hours to simmer in order to allow all the flavors to really meld together. I know this is a lot of work, so I have a solutions so you can still have fresh sauce without having to make it every time. I like to make a large batch and then freeze it. 

Pasta sauce ready to be frozen.

I like to break it up into smaller amounts, so I could make anything from 1 to 4 servings without unfreezing extra sauce. 

I hope this inspires you make your own fresh sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment