Sunday, May 20, 2012

Solar Eclipse!

It has been 18 years since the last solar eclipse. Because of my location we were only going to be able to see a partial eclipse at sunset. I love sunsets! So when I heard about the one happening this evening I knew I wanted to catch in with my camera. (I have been really getting into photography.) Here is what I captured. Good thing I had my telephoto lens.

I made Mark ride with me to find the perfect spot. It started while we were still searching so we stopped on a bridge.

This is on top of a bridge. We just stopped hoping no one would come.
Traffic on 35 southbound.  We stopped on the side of the road on the bridge over Lake Lewisville.

The sun disappeared behind a cloud. I caught it just as it was peeking out.


Sun setting right on the horizon. 

I was pretty excited to shoot this. I think I got some really good shots!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment