Monday, June 4, 2012

The lake house!

This last weekend we drove down to Logo Vista, around Lake Travis, to visit my grandparents for my grandgather's (Papa) 89th birthday. It was the first time Mark has seen the lake house and I haven't been in 10 years. It is always fun to see family, but was a little extra fun to be at the lake.

Their lake house. (It isn't really on the lake, but rather a golf course. Still great views though.)

The back deck.

Around here the deer come right into the yards and sometimes even up to the front doors.

This is a picture of the lake. It is REALLY low. Something like 40 ft I think. The water should be up to the tree line.

Another view of the lake. You can see how low it is again. All that rock is normally covered.

It was nice to be able to have a great weekend relaxing and celebrating Papa's birthday. I hope we have many more to celebrate.



1 comment:

  1. It's been low for a couple years now.
    I remember last year was pretty bad.
    I am hoping y'all get lots of rain so that it'll fill back up again!

    ReplyDelete